Monday, April 26, 2010

Chicken Cacciatora

As I said, cooking and cleaning the kitchen gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Today I couldn't do much about healing. I made a few phone calls, talked to a therapist from AMANECER, a community counseling service. It's very hard to find a therapy service that doesn't cost a lot of money and at the same time provides good therapy. Private therapy sessions can cost up to $200 and I don't have that kind of money. Support groups are formed by people absorbed by their own pain, not so able to help you with yours.
Today is one of those days when the hours go by and time becomes irrelevant and I have nothing to show for myself at the end of it.
I decided I'm going to make Chicken Cacciatora for dinner.
Bought 2 somewhat organic chicken thighs from Whole Foods. Put them in a frying pan with some olive oil, to get some color.
I minced 1 onion, 2 medium carrots, celery, a handful of parsley.
After the chicken got some color, I put it on the cutting board and cut it into smaller pieces.
I sauteed the minced veggies in fresh olive oil. I added oregano, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, 1 garlic clove. When the veggies were done, I added the cut chicken, poured a glass of white wine over it, let it simmer. When the alcohol has evaporated, add one can of organic tomato juice. Let cook for about 15-20 minutes.
I bought the veggies from the farmers market and there is a difference in taste.
I will have a glass of wine and watch Notting Hill, while eating dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment