Friday, April 23, 2010

Cooking

Ever since memories of the incest resurfaced, I gained about 20 pounds. Moments of empty desperation I filled with food.
I'm learning how to cook, to keep myself from gaining more weight and to make my diet all organic. I refuse to eat out, except for special events.
Some recipes bring me comfort not only when I eat the final product, but even when I start thinking about them, or cooking. I find repetitive actions, like washing dishes, to be soothing. They allow me to free my mind and my thoughts will go just about anywhere.
I go to the farmer's market once a week, to buy fresh produce. Organic, grass fed meats I either buy at Whole Foods or at the Santa Monica Farmers Market. I even found a few places where I could order meat online. The point is: I like to know where my food is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment