Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No evil

IF I were to soothe the anguish of another person in trying times I would tell her:
Life throws things at you. Some of these things are ugly and some are down right horrifying. But they are nothing else than obstacles. There is no evil. There are only obstacles. The thing about obstacles is that once you pass them, you feel joy, or happiness. The bigger the obstacle, the bigger the joy.
When an obstacle looks impossible to surpass, you are too close to it. You need perspective, so step away from your obstacle. Do something else, preferably something you enjoy or you are good at. Then, return with fresh perspective and tools and tackle your obstacle again.
I had some awful obstacles growing up. My parents acted like my brother and sister and we were all orphans. They abused and tortured me and left me confused and half dead. As a result, I learned how to take care of myself at a very young age. I also forgot the misery they put me through. For a very long time. I couldn't remember any aspect of my childhood. I guess I was taking a step back from my obstacle. I did lots of other things during my complete amnesia. Then, when I was ready and had tools to cope, I remembered. Remembering was as tough as living those horrific events, I didn't want to get out of bed for about 4 years, I was a ghost with all life sucked out of her. Slowly, during the 4 dark years, I learned new things, new languages, new ways of handling my emotions. I could now tackle my obstacle and defend myself. I decided to stay away from those people. I needed to remember and resolve the problems, to move on with my life and grow into the person I want to be. I want to be proud of myself, of my accomplishments. I owe nothing to those parents, other than my life. I have many things to be proud of, and once I surpass this obstacle, so much joy and happiness will fill my heart. All of this happiness I worked hard for. The bigger the obstacle, the greater the joy of surpassing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment